Sphinx taps Lakenan for new post
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/28/2003 2:33:00 PM
Dalton, GA — Area rugs supplier Sphinx by Oriental Weavers recently appointed 30-plus year industry veteran Bob Lakenan to the new position of director of business development, specializing in new business opportunities with mass and specialty merchants.
Lakenan will report Mike Riley, evp, sales and marketing. Lakenan will be responsible expanding the accent and scatter sizes segments and creating new interest in the larger sizes from stores that typically didn't carry area rugs, Riley said.
Lakenan most recently worked as vp of sales for Somerset, NJ-based Kas Oriental Rugs. Prior to that he was the start-up vp of sales and marketing for Anderson, SC-based Orian Rugs Inc. He will remain based in Columbia, MD.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...