Showtime to spotlight Jackson Design winners
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/14/2008 1:54:00 PM
High Point, N.C. – With students from only six colleges participating in the 2008 Virginia Jackson Design Competition awards, three dominated the winners’ circle in the annual event sponsored by the International Textile Market Association (ITMA).
The annual awards recognize college students enrolled in textile design whose work is evaluated for aesthetic form, ability to be manufactured, and applicability to product. There are three categories: print, jacquard and dobby, and each winner receives a monetary prize; each first-place winner’s school also receives $1,000.
In the dobby category, Carmen Keck of the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) was the first place winner, followed by Saera Lee, RISD, in second place and honorable mention to both Lindsey Baker, Philadelphia University, Soo-Hyun Lee, RISD, Alice Youngblood and Melissa Hoffman, both of Kansas City Art Institute.
Winning first place in the jacquard category was Regina Cuce of Philadelphia University, with Amy Helfant of RISD in second place and honorable mentions to Lindsey Baker and Hyunjin Shin, both of Philadelphia University.
Chanell Riley won first place for prints, followed by Hyunin Shin, both of Philadelphia University, with Carin Sauerwein, also of Philadelphia, getting honorable mention.
Judges were Kim Grimsley and Allison Hocker of Tietex Interiors; Laura Levinson, Valdese; Wesley Mancini, Wesley Mancini Collection; and Sara Gray, Design Consultant Sourcing.
There were 64 entries from six colleges. The winning designs will be displayed at Showtime here June 1-4 at the Suites at Market Square.
During Showtime, ITMA will host an opening night event at Market Square Courtyard at 6 pm on June 1 to benefit the FRIENDS for an Earlier Breast Cancer Test. The event will feature the auction (silent auction starts 10 a.m.) of jackets made from ITMA members’ fabrics, designed by 3 Sisters Clothing.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...