Surtex seminar to feature veteran licensing artists
-- Home Textiles Today, 4/9/2010 1:55:00 PM
White Plains, N.Y. – Three industry art license experts will share their perspective on the business during the conference program at the Surtex surface design show on May 18.
Kate McRostie, owner of Design Works, Beth Logan, owner of Artstuff Ltd., and Dena, who owns Dena Designs and goes only by the one name, will present a session dubbed, "The 'Art of Success - A Dialogue with Artists Who are Making It Happen." It is scheduled from 8:30 to 10 a.m., and is the first of 11 total conference sessions scheduled at this year’s show from May 16 to18.
"Bring your notebooks," advised Penny Sikalis, GLM’s vice president and manager of the Surtex show. "These three artists are industry giants whose own success stories are blueprints for making it in the art licensing industry. This program is not for beginners only."
Logan started her career in l992 licensing her art with a small publisher of posters and prints in Seattle. McRostie specializes in textural acrylic paintings. And Dena, who was trained in industrial design, is known for coordinated collections built from a single design.
Admission to the session is $75 in advance, $85 on site. For information, visit www.SURTEX.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...