Bloomie’s Dubai feted in New York
-- Home Textiles Today, 12/12/2008 2:17:00 PM
|Joan Karron and Frank Foley, both of CHF Industries, with Joe Laneve and Kevin Harter, both Bloomingdale’s.|
New York – Bloomingdale’s held an “informational meeting” this week to discuss its planned store in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The Bloomingdale’s in Dubai, scheduled to open February 2010, actually will be two stores – a one-level home store of about 54,000 square feet, and a three-level apparel and accessories store. The stores’ merchandise assortment, upscale ambience and high-toned customer service will be similar to its stores here, while being sensitive to local preferences and customs.
|Shireen El Khatib, ceo of Al Tayer Insignia, with Bloomingdale’s ceo Michael Gould.|
The stores will be managed and operated by Al Tayer Insignia, a company of the Al Tayer Group under a licensing agreement. Al Tayer was represented in the deal by Marvin Traub Associates. Michael Steinberg provided strategic support to Macy’s Inc., Bloomingdale’s parent.
Traub and Steinberg are former Macy’s Inc. division principals; Traub was chairman and ceo of Bloomingdale’s, and Steinberg was chairman and ceo of Macy’s West.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...