Blair looks to trade up with larger catalogue
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/27/2004 12:00:00 AM
WARREN, Pa. — Looking to attract a new baby boomer customer, along with its traditionally older ones, Blair has mailed an expanded 180-page catalog in which half of the merchandise is more upscale or trendy.
The merchandise repositioning has been gradually taking place over the last few years, said Patrick Kennedy, vice president, Blair Home, because, "We saw a lot of strength to this."
Price points have also broadened, he said, and include 360 count sheets and bedding with embroidery detail. Bedspreads range from $20 to $200. "It's really broad," said Kennedy. Blair has more of a "Penney strategy," segmenting its products into good, better, and best, he added.
Compared to its traditional 100-page book, the 180-page spring catalog gives customers more assortments in bedding, window, and furniture accessories, said Kennedy. The new catalog is also perfect bound, instead of saddle stitched, to see if that "gives it a longer shelf life."
Though the company will continue to mail its 100-page catalog, another 180-page book is planned for the fall.
"Baby boomers want more luxury than older customers, so we're looking to capture that audience," said Linda Phillips, bedding product manager.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...