Bloomie’s to open SoHo prototypes in L.A., D.C.
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/11/2008 1:42:00 PM
Cincinnati – The Bloomingdale’s SoHo concept store will be the model for two new stores: one in Santa Monica, Calif. and one in the Georgetown Park area of Washington, D.C.
The SoHo prototype is smaller than typical Bloomie’s units and does not feature a home department. Instead, SoHo offers what the retailer calls “tightly edited assortments of contemporary men's and women's merchandise tailored to the local market.”
In addition to the two new SoHo locations, a standard-model Bloomingdale’s will open at Westfield Valley Fair in San Jose/Santa Clara, Calif. in fall 2011. This 150,000-square-foot, three-level Bloomie’s will be the third location in northern California.
Of the two new SoHo type stores, Bloomingdale’s parent company Macy’s Inc. said the 105,000-square-foot, two-level Santa Monica store will replace the Macy’s at that site in 2010; it will be the eighth Bloomie’s in southern California. The 82,000-square-foot, three-level Georgetown Park store will open in August 2011 as the fourth Washington-area location.
“We are very excited about bringing the SoHo-store concept to new locations,” said Michael Gould, Bloomingdale's chairman and ceo.” The chain currently operates 40 stores.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...