Sam’s Club takes home exec Hefner from Walmart U.S.
-- Home Textiles Today, 4/16/2009 1:06:00 PM
Bentonville, Ark. – After a two-year run at Walmart U.S. where she is credited with redefining the home department, Linda Hefner is moving to retail company's Sam’s Club division as evp of merchandising and replenishment.
Hefner assumes her new post on May 15 and will report to Brian Cornell, president of Sam’s Club.
Until then, she remains in her current position as Walmart U.S.’s evp and general manager of the home business.
“Under her leadership, the home team redefined the merchandise assortment by focusing on exclusive national and private-label brands, quality, and enhanced in-store presentation that resulted in strong positive comps,” the company said.
In her new role, she will be responsible for overall merchandising strategy, product development and sourcing.
Prior to joining Walmart in May 2007, Hefner served as evp of global strategy and business development at Kraft Foods. There, she was responsible for developing the company’s corporate business strategy, including merger and acquisition activities around the world. Prior to Kraft, she held multiple positions at Sara Lee Corporation during her 14 years there, from 1989 to 2003.
“Linda has a wealth of experience and successes across key and diverse merchandise categories that will complement the team’s focus on quality and value,” Cornell said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...