Wal-Mart opens pan-Asia office in Hong Kong
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/11/2008 1:40:00 PM
Bentonville, Ark. – Wal-Mart Stores has set up its new Asia regional headquarters in Hong Kong to oversee operations in Mainland China, India and Japan.
The office will also spearhead the identification of “new business opportunities for the company throughout Asia,” said Vicente Trius, president and ceo of Wal-Mart Asia.
Mike Rowse, director-general of investment promotion at InvestHK, said, “I am confident that the new Hong Kong hub will play a vital role in Wal-Mart’s business development in the region.”
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...