Belk bulks up home department
By Andrea Lillo -- Home Textiles Today, 5/20/2002 12:00:00 AM
CHARLOTTE, NC —
Having announced its intention to merge its five merchandising and marketing divisions into one by August, privately owned department store retailer Belk has also restructured and added to its home area.
Mary Delk, formerly a partner at Arthur Andersen in Chicago, has joined Belk as president of this new, consolidated division, with the company's gmm's reporting to her. She reports to H.W. McKay Belk, who heads merchandising and marketing as president of Belk Inc.
In addition, Amy Wooden has become executive vp, merchandise planning and allocation. She joins Belk from Service Merchandise, where she was vp of logistics and allocation. She also reports to the president.
David Zant has become executive vp and gmm, men's and home. Previously, he was president of merchandising for Belk's central division. He replaces Dennis Myer, who has retired.
Belk has also reorganized its home buying area, and separated the soft- and hardline categories. Donna Barker is now dmm, softlines, while Jeff Beard is dmm, hardlines. In addition, four buyers have been allocated to the soft- and hardlines areas.
According to the company, it is unknown if any fallout will occur from the consolidation of divisions. In fact, the company has been adding a number of planning, allocation and buying positions.
We would love your feedback!
- Mar 10, 2008
- Mar 3, 2008
- Jun 25, 2009
- Feb 23, 2009
- Feb 14, 2007
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...