Cotton Inc. links with Federated Charter Club
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 3/13/2001 11:06:00 AM
NEW YORK — In a new major alliance with a retailer for promotion of its trademarked Seal of Cotton, Cotton Inc. has formed a joint licensing/marketing partnership with Federated Merchandising Group (FMG) for its Charter Club private brand.
Home textiles will be an important part of the program which includes women's wear, intimates and men's Club Room apparel that are 100 percent cotton.
Cotton Inc. will be included in all of Charter Club's corporate sponsored national advertising for spring 2001 with advertising that kicks off this month with four-color, full-page ads in Martha Stewart Living, Oprah, Redbook and Men's Health for March, April and May. A direct mail piece on all cotton key Charter Club items is planned for national distribution in May and will feature images from the national print ads along with cotton editorial.
Home textiles, primarily towels to start, are represented in one-third of the newly launched advertising campaign.
An aggressive public relations program is being executed including a spokesperson who will provide consumers with lifestyle suggestions.
In-store graphics integrate the Seal of Cotton on the selling floor in more than 300 Federated doors as well as being used on macys.com.
"We are looking forward to expanding our marketing alliance" with Federated in the fall 2001 and beyond, said Paula Rosario, director, retail marketing, Cotton Inc.
"FMG is excited to team with Cotton Inc. to implement a licensing and marketing program that ultimately aims to reach consumers, and educate them about the benefits of cotton and the ease of using cotton products," said Nancy Slavin, FMG group vp, marketing.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...