Quaker Fabric, already liquidating, declares Ch.11
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/20/2007 12:42:00 PM
Fall River, Mass. -- Having already started its asset liquidation process, upholstery and jacquard producer Quaker Fabric filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last Friday.
Quaker's affiliates outside the United States were not included in the Chapter 11 filing.
The company said it has an agreement for up to $1.65 million in new debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing. Upon court approval, this will provide sufficient funding during the Chapter 11 process, it said.
“Substantially all” of Quaker’s 930 employees were terminated as of July 2, and bids on assets have been sought in conjunction with the July 9 retaining of a liquidation advisory firm.
In the filing, Quaker said it has assets at book value of $155.2 million and debt of $60.4 million. Among the industry suppliers listed among the 40 largest unsecured creditors are:
• Unifi, owed $3.2 million
• Hangzhou Zhongwang Fabric, $1.3 million
• Seko Worldwide, $471,658
• Carolina Yarn Processors, $453,739
• American Fibers and Yarns, $350,124
• Regifil, $317,301
• National Spinning Co., $302,354
• Regitex, $274,430
• Noveon, $240,344
• Burke Mills, $195,464
• Huntsman Textile, $181,149
• American Dornier Machine, $139,428
• Crypton, $127,575
• Texturing Services, $112,338
• Tuscarora Yarns, $94,572
• Grover Inds., $90,776
• Chesterfield Yarns, $36,414
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...