HFI Expands Dec Pillows Business
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/8/2005 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Home Fashions International (HFI) showed its first full line of decorative pillows during the recently held unofficial Mini-Market, initially centering this new product offering on 100 percent satin silk fashion designs and solid textured basics.
Amy Bell, vice president, and Neil Zuber, executive vice president of pillows, who together joined the company four months ago, created the line as a basis for other soon-to-come coordinating soft home accessories. In October, the company will expand its drapery business and add a collection of throws, table linens and pet beds.
These lines will include some coordinate looks to HFI's top-of-bed collections, but will be anchored by independent styles.
In addition, Bell said, about 75 percent of the soft home accessories will be made using fabrics by HFI's sister company — American Decorative Fabrics (ADF) — the remaining 25 percent will be made using fabrics and trims from outside sources.
“The success of accessories is to have a very wide breadth of offerings, and that is the thought process behind layering on additional fabrics,” Bell said. “We want to become a recognized fashion force in the decorative end of the textiles business and, with our own large supply of fabrics paired with additional sourcing, we feel we can do this.”
October's accessories line will include jacquard, silk, boucle, fils coupe, embroidered, linen and more solid looks.
We would love your feedback!