Sears promotes layaway through Dec. 23
-- Home Textiles Today, 11/13/2008 2:16:00 PM
Hoffman Estates, Ill. – With a range of stipulations, Sears will launch a 5-and-a-half-week holiday layaway program this Sunday, Nov. 16, with all purchases to be paid in full by Tuesday, Dec. 23.
“Not only did we hear feedback from our customers, but we saw the very positive response to our sister retailer's -- Kmart -- layaway program," said Don Hamblen, Sears chief marketing officer.
Layaway will be available in Sears full line and hardware stores – but not in automotive, dealer, or outlet stores, the company said.
Only in-store merchandise can be purchased on layaway, with a required down payment of the greater of $15 or 20%.
Excludes home electronics, home appliances, automotive merchandise, consumables, beer/wine, licensed business, gift cards and Doorbusters/Early Open Specials;
$5 non-refundable service fee in all states except Maryland ($1);
$10 cancellation fee will apply;
Last day to add new layaways is Monday, Dec. 22.
The program does not affect Sears’ existing, six- and 12-month layaway program for fine jewelry.
Hamblen added that Sears will also start its Black Friday seasonal sale prices this weekend, rather than wait for the day after Thanksgiving.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...