Milliken & Co. to close two plants
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/15/2003 12:00:00 AM
Spartanburg, SC — Milliken & Co. will close two of its apparel yarn and fabric plants in Union and Saluda counties in South Carolina in the first half of 2004.
Milliken's carpet and area rug business are not affected by these plants closings, company spokesman Richard Dillard told HTT.
He explained that the two plant closings and the attendant loss of 260 jobs come "as a result of the deluge of cheap imports coming in from the Far East, especially China."
The plants are manufacturing sites for textured yarns and fabrics used to make apparel.
Milliken has more than 14,000 employees around the world, including 10,000 in the United States.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...