Newport/Layton taps Tamblyn to grow businesses
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/23/2004 12:00:00 AM
PORTLAND, Ore. — As decorative pillow and bedding supplier Newport/Layton Home Fashions grows its window treatment, shower curtain and table linen businesses in an effort to expand its category offerings, the company recently hired Richard Tamblyn to the newly created post of design and marketing director.
He will be in charge of overseeing all design and marketing initiatives for these three product categories.
Tamblyn will be based out of the company's New York showroom at 295 Fifth Ave., and will report to Corey Faul, president.
Prior to joining Newport/Layton, Tamblyn worked at Dan River.
"Our whole motivation here is that these categories represent for us a very small percentage of our total business," Faul said. "If we really want to develop them, we needed someone like (Tamblyn) to devote 100 percent of their time developing them."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...