U.S. Files Appeal in Safeguard Case
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/21/2005 12:00:00 AM
Washington, D.C. — —
Washington, D.C. — The U.S. government filed an appeal Feb. 11 here with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit asking the Court to overturn the injunction on threat-based China safeguard petitions issued by the U.S. Court of International Trade and remand the case to the CIT with instructions to dismiss the lawsuit filed by the U.S. Association of Importers of Textiles and Apparel.
Previously, the U.S. government filed motions with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit to stay the injunction and approve an expedited calendar for consideration of the full appeal.
“We are pleased that the U.S. government has filed this appeal,” said Auggie Tantillo, executive director of the American Manufacturing Trade Action Coalition. “We hope that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit will stay the injunction and rule on the underlying appeal as soon as possible. It is clear that the U.S. government has an extremely strong legal case in this matter.”
“It is critical that the court rule on the motion to stay the injunction and on the underlying appeal as quickly as possible. Delay is deadly,” Tantillo continued. “Every day that goes by without resolution to this case is another day for China to surge into the U.S. market and put U.S. textile and apparel manufacturing employees out of work.”
We would love your feedback!
- Feb 16, 2005
- Jan 10, 2005
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...