HSN revamps site in multi-channel push
By Andrea Lillo -- Home Textiles Today, 11/10/2003 12:00:00 AM
ST. PETERSBURG, FL —
The Home Shopping Network unveils its relaunched web site last week, adding new graphics, navigational tools and greater interaction with HSN TV, it said, trying to communicate the benefits of multi-channel shopping to its five million active customers.
Visitors to hsn.com can now see a live view of HSN's television broadcast, as well as browse products they might have missed and check out what's coming up on a new HSN TV section.
"Hsn.com is extremely effective at attracting new customers who will watch our network, but prefer to shop online," said Paul Guyardo, executive vp of TV and marketing. "By combining the TV and online experience, we can ultimately drive multi-channel shopping behavior which translates into higher satisfaction, lower churn and greater spend."
The site's redesign also allots the retailer more space to merchandise product and is better equipped to promote items.
The site logged more sales last year than in the previous three years combined.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...