Beacon Hill embellishes new collection
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/19/2003 2:35:00 PM
New York — Moving to a new level of fabric design and embellishment, the Beacon Hill division of the Robert Allen Group is launching Artisans, a collection of fabric inspired by apparel couture.
The collection, which debuts here this week, "is one where we challenged ourselves to take embroidery to a new level with beading, cutwork and appliqués, among the techniques," explained Erin Murphy, Beacon Hill's designer.
Everything in the collection is completely handmade, she added, and combinations range from the expected to the exotic. Among some of the latter are leather, suede and velvet on linen with decorative stitchery, and suede embellishments on tulle. Raffia is used in traditional effects as well as more expected contemporary treatments, and organza flowers, ribbons and beading are important embellishments. Silk, hemp, chiffon, lace and leathers are key fabrics.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...