Former Craftex Mills President Blum dies at 93
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/28/2009 12:00:00 AM
Jupiter, Fla. —
Robert B. Blum, the former president of textiles manufacturer Craftex Mills of Pa., has died. He was 93.
Blum's father founded Craftex Mills in the early 1900s. After serving in World War II, the younger Blum returned as president of the mill, known for its jacquard fabric. He remained president until his retirement in 1984. He then sold the business to his son, Robert Jr., who owned it until it was sold earlier this year.
Blum was active on the boards of several organizations and schools while living in the Philadelphia area and later in Jupiter.
He is survived by his wife of 45 years, the former Leslie Rogers; three children, Robin Smith, Robert M. Blum and Nicholas Blum; five grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and his sister, Jean Seder. He was preceded in death by a fourth son, Jay Blum, in 2005.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to St. Peters School in Philadelphia or St. Andrews School in Middletown, Del.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...