Divatex inks Moonlight Creations bed, rug line
By Marvin Lazaro -- Home Textiles Today, 4/15/2002 12:00:00 AM
AT THE NEW YORK MARKET —
Divatex Home Fashions has signed on artist Deb Eisenman for licensed lines of bedding and rugs.
Eisenman is known for her Moonlight Creations by Deb line of art, which she began painting following a taxi accident in New York which resulted in debilitating injuries. She began to paint watercolors before going to sleep as a form of therapy. Thus, Moonlight Creations was born. Prior to her artistic career, Eisenman was a television producer.
"We couldn't have found [a] more forward-looking and quality-oriented manufacturer for this very special property," said Cynthia Hall Domine, licensing agent for Moonlight Creations.
According to Bob Levitt, marketing manager for Divatex, the initial offering for the new license will encompass various types of sheeting, including percale, jersey knit, and 100 percent cotton, and coordinating top-of-bed. Several collections are currently in the works, and more are being developed. Price points have also not been set, but the line will be aimed at the big box and specialty store channels.
"It's fun, it's creative and it's a little something that you've probably never seen before," Levitt said of Moonlight Creations' look and style. Colors like turquoise, orange and bright yellow will all be used. Although Divatex only has boards now, actual product could be previewed within the next few months. Depending on when an order is placed, delivery could commence in time for the fall season.
If the line sees strong sell-through, Divatex is also mulling offering decorative pillows and body pillows.
In addition to Moonlight Creations, Divatex also has the licenses for Nick & Nora, Wamsutta jersey knit sheets and duvet covers and Waverly sheets.
"There is something both familiar and unique about the Moonlight Creations designs," said Avi Gross, president of Divatex. "Deb taps into our need for the old and the new."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...