Safavieh Debuts Martha Stewart Rugs Collection
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/29/2007 12:00:00 AM
Port Washington, N.Y. —
Safavieh has introduced its Martha Stewart Rugs collection, an exclusive new line designed by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.
The collection includes more than 25 patterns in a range of colorways. Weaves are textured and include an unusual range of cut and uncut pile patterns, some accented with highlights of silk or linen.
Martha Stewart drew inspiration from her personal homes and favorite rug and textile designs. Each design falls within one of four categories: Transformations, Cultivations, Interpretations and Explorations.
Transformations rug patterns feature historic motifs culled from antique wallpapers, textiles and ceramic tiles. Cultivations translates organic motifs — like leaves, skins and wood grains — into tone-on-tone decorating statements made in a Tibetan weave wool construction. Interpretations is a group rooted in traditional ethnic motifs. Explorations rugs feature geometric patterns, shimmering colors and abstract shapes.
The line includes handmade and machine-made area rugs expected to retail for $500 to $3,000. The rugs will initially be distributed through independent furniture stores and independent rug stores this spring.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...