Willis hired as Kmart cmo
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/11/2000 12:00:00 AM
TROY, MI -Kmart Corporation announced the hiring of Brent Willis as chief marketing officer.
Willis, whose employment with the mass merchant, based here, became effective last week, will report to Andy Giancamilli, coo. Willis will be responsible for managing all aspects of marketing, communications, advertising and brand development.
"As chief marketing officer, Brent Willis will be instrumental in integrating our marketing resources to both build and fully leverage Kmart's brand equity among consumers," said Giancamilli. "Brent's extensive experience in brand development and marketing leadership will sharpen our consumer insight and galvanize a new emotional bond with shoppers."
Willis was formerly employed by The Coca-Cola Company as president of its Latin American-based divisions. He has also been employed by Nabisco and Kraft General Foods. During his tenure with Coca-Cola, Willis was the architect of the beverage maker's turnaround in Venezuela.
"With the addition of Brent Willis as cmo, we are taking another major stride forward in creating our new leadership team at Kmart," said Chuck Conaway, chairman and ceo.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...