Equity holders approve Foamex reorganization plan
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/26/2007 12:26:00 PM
Linwood,Pa.– Foamex International, which is poised to emerge from bankruptcy protection this quarter, said its equity holders have voted unanimously in favor of the company’s reorganization plan. The vote follows an earlier positive vote by holders of the foam supplier’s senior secured notes.
“Over the past several months, we have worked diligently to address the interests of all of our stakeholders in an effort to achieve the most value possible,” said Raymond Mabus, chairman and ceo. “We are pleased to have received the unanimous support of the equity holders.”
The company has also proposed the slate of directors who will oversee Foamex after it emerges from bankruptcy protection. The proposed board includes existing directors Mabus, executive vp Gregory Christian, and Thomas Higgins, a retired partner with Ernst & Young. Christian will become Foamex president after the plan is approved.
Proposed new directors are Robert Burke, founder and ceo of Par IV Capital Management; Seth Charnow, a representative of the D.E. Shaw Group; and Eugene Davis, chairman and ceo of Pirinate Consulting Group.
A hearing to consider confirmation of the reorganization plan is scheduled for Feb. 1.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...