Elder-Beerman names interim president
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/3/2002 12:00:00 AM
Dayton, OH — Steven Mason has been selected by the board of directors at Elder-Beerman to take the reins as interim president until a permanent successor is found, the company announced. Mason will replace the retiring chairman, president and ceo Frederick Mershad.
Mason has been on the board as a director since December 1997, and is chairman of Elder-Beerman's nominating and corporate governance committee and its executive board. He previously served as chairman and ceo of Mead Corp. from 1992 until his retirement in November 1997.
Mershad announced his intention to retire this past August. He joined Elder-Beerman as president and ceo in January 1997, adding the chairman title in December of that year.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...