Supima Opens NYC Pop-up Store
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/24/2008 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York —Faribault; Springs Global through its Wamsutta brand; and Chopak Mills arel representing the home furnishings business during the run of the Supima pop-up store that opened here for a month on March 14.
Supima, the marketing and promotion company representing U.S. pima cotton growers, also will sponsor a live “cotton field” between Houston Street and Broadway for the event.
Jesse Curlee, president of the 54-year old Phoenix-based organization, said “every company is putting inventory into the store for the styles that are featured. The idea is to spotlight some of the fantastic products that our licensees are making with Supima. We also hope that the awareness that the pop-up store generates will boost retail sales for our retail licensees.”
The merchandise at the pop-up store, located at 72 Greene Street, is primarily from the apparel world, but the three home participants will have an important role in featured merchandise.
The store will host a series of events throughout the month-long event. Merchandise shown is available for sale, and a dedicated website – www.supimastore.com – gives updates and directions.
Faribault is featuring a “Grand Supima” blanket that is exclusive to the pop-up store for this period, said Mike Harris, president. The company will bring the blanket to market in September.
For Chopak Mills, the pop-up store offers a two-fold opportunity, said Dan Selinka, ceo. Apparel fabrics are being used as window coverings and fabrics for furniture are featured on styles by Broyhill in special constructions. Springs is highlighting items from its Wamsutta brand.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...