AATCC Event Covers Creativity and Communication
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/3/2005 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York — AATCC's Concept 2 Consumer (C2C) symposium, “Creativity 2 Communication,” will be held in New York City from April 7-8.
The symposium will be conducted in the Katie Murphy Amphitheatre at the Fashion Institute of Technology, Seventh Avenue at 27th Street.
Targeted to designers, merchandisers, and others involved in product development processes, the event will focus on color inspiration, trends, and standards development; sampling and the design process, fabric designs, Fabric 101-down stream impact of decisions or changes, creating and sourcing for a brand, engineering quality control, CAD profiling, the basics of color, dyeing, and printing, and designing with the cost of color in mind.
Inspiration and Trends for Color and Style
Kathryn Gordy-Novakovic, Cotton Incorporated
Trend Drivers … Influences on Textile Color and Design Directions
Dina Puglisi, Archroma Global Services
Color Standards Development
Designing with the Cost of Color in Mind
Tom Stutts, Datacolor
Sampling and the Design Process
Tiffany Eubanks, Tietex International Ltd.
Jill M. Simmons, Lectra USA Inc.
Sid Estreicher, Liz Claiborne
Liz Easter, University of Kentucky
Susan Fox Forrester, JCPenney
Building a Brand
Rod McGeachy, Russell Corp.
Sourcing for the Brand
Mark Singer, Neo-Concept Corp.
SizeUSA — The National Sizing Survey
James Lovejoy, [TC]2
Textile Surface Design/Trends
Sara Petitt, Fashion Institute of Technology
Profiling for CAD
Geoffrey Taylor, NedGraphics
What Does a Designer Need to Know about Screen Printing
Heidi Spivack, Cranston Print Works Co.
Basics of Color and Dyeing
Martin Bide, University of Rhode Island
A registration fee of $785 ($525 for individual and corporate AATCC members) will include luncheons, breaks, and a copy of all available papers. Refunds will be made if cancellations are received on or before March 30, 2005.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...