Schumacher debuts eco-friendly Terra line
-- Home Textiles Today, 1/12/2009 1:43:00 PM
New York – Decorative fabric supplier Schumacher has launched the Schumacher Terra brand of eco-friendly fabrics and wallcoverings, in a debut centered on the organic cotton By Nature Collection.
The products will feature natural and renewable materials -- linen, jute, bamboo and certified organic cotton -- and meet third-party certification, such as USDA certification and Oekotex standard 100, the company said.
The organic cottons in the By Nature Collection have relaxed, washed-finish hues inspired by the natural palette of earth, sea and sky. Stronger than traditional cottons, mainly washable, the goods come in a range of solids, stripes, wovens, and classic and modern prints.
“In the past, designers and consumers have perceived sustainable fabrics as muted and monochromatic and plain,” said Susan North, vp of design at Schumacher. “In conceiving the By Nature collection, we wanted to break the mold by offering an unexpectedly vibrant color palette, bold patterns and ultra-soft hand not generally found in eco-friendly textiles.”
Schumacher will contribute 2% of the proceeds from the sale of its By Nature Collection to WaterAid America, a charity that helps provide access to safe water and sanitation to millions of people in Africa, Asia and the Pacific.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...