Sony Pictures names Malone sr., vp of mktg.
By Cecile B. Corral -- Home Textiles Today, 9/2/2002 12:00:00 AM
CULVER CITY, CA —
Sony Pictures Consumer Products recently named Michael Malone its senior vp of marketing.
Malone reports directly to Al Ovadia, executive vp, and replaces Michael Peikoff, who left the company to pursue other endeavors.
In his new post, Malone manages the licensing group's marketing efforts for a number of upcoming feature films, including "Charlie's Angels 2" (2003) and "Spider-Man 2" (2004), along with the new animated series "Spider-Man" and "Stuart Little" and ongoing animated television series' "Jackie Chan Adventures" and "Harold and the Purple Crayon."
In addition, Malone acts as a liaison to Sony Picture Entertainment's film and television producers to develop and manage upcoming strategic licensing opportunities for a broad range of consumer goods, including home textiles.
Prior to his new stint, Malone worked for eight years at 20th Century Fox Filmed Entertainment (Fox), holding the post of senior vp of retail marketing in three divisions — consumer products, home entertainment and licensing and merchandising.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...