House2Home suspends shipments
By Andrea Lillo -- Home Textiles Today, 11/5/2001 12:00:00 AM
Irvine, CA — Following a steep decline in sales, House2Home has stopped shipments for several weeks while it works to balance its inventory.
"The suspension of new merchandise shipments is consistent with our ongoing attention to improve our financial position and store operations," said Herb Zarkin, chairman and ceo.
Sales at the home decorating superstores have been running approximately 25 percent to 30 percent below its levels prior to Sept. 11. The suspension of shipments came a week after the retailer announced that it has retained the services of Barrington Associates, an investment banking firm, to assist it in looking at strategic and financial alternatives.
"Barrington is continuing to explore any and all alternatives," said Michelle Feller, spokeswoman. "The field is pretty wide open."
House2Home completed its conversion from HomeBase stores in August and changed its company name in September to reflect that.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...