Platt to Helm Brand Matter
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/3/2008 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York —Rick Platt has been named president of Brand Matter, a new licensing and marketing company in a joint venture partnership with private equity firm Hilco Consumer Capital and brand capital firm Windsong.
The venture's fashion brands under management include Ellen Tracy, Caribbean Joe, Havana Jack Café and Periscope.
Bill Sweedler, ceo of Brand Matter, said, “Rick's responsibilities will be leading an experienced team of professionals to market, license and grow our current stable of brands and prepare the organization for growth as we pursue several new strategic acquisitions.”
“We're going to be building our team and building our licensing opportunities,” said Platt. “That includes home. Caribbean Joe we should be able to build out as a full lifestyle brand. That's one of the first priorities for Caribbean Joe.”
Platt said the firm, which will be located at 1350 Broadway in Manhattan, is in the process of finalizing an all-encompassing master license arrangement for Bombay. In November 2007, Bombay Company liquidated its stores and distribution centers in the United States. Its 50 Canadian stores were sold to Canadian home goods and gifts retailers Bowring and Benix & Co.
Platt was most recently president of the NexCen Home Studios division of NexCen Brands. Prior to that, he was managing director of Official Pillowtex, which at that time owned and managed brands including Cannon, Fieldcrest, Royal Velvet, Charisma, Bugle Boy, and Delia's. He joined Official Pillowtex from Sure Fit, where he was svp of retail sales.
Earlier, he was senior director of retail sales and marketing for National Football League Properties, the NFL's $3 billion consumer products division. He also was vp creative development for Major League Baseball. Platt also has a retail background, first with May Co.'s G. Fox division and later with Ames Department Stores.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...