Capel taps Mastercraft Imports exec for sourcing
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/3/2003 12:00:00 AM
Troy, NC — Capel Incorporated has named Norm Sweeters managing director of imports, effective Nov. 17.
"His contacts with overseas vendors are among the best in the business," said executive director Jesse Capel.
Sweeters' career in the rug industry began with his family's business, Pande Cameron of New York, where he began working in the warehouse at the age of 14. He formally joined the company in 1972, and over the following 22 years worked as a member of the sales, marketing, product development and purchasing teams. After Pande acquired Fritz and LaRue Co. in 1986, Sweeters led that division and gained experience with products from China, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nepal. In 1994, Sweeters sold his interest in both companies and embarked on an eight-year tenure directing Mastercraft Imports Ltd., whose core business is high-end machine-made rugs from Belgium and England.
Capel recently acquired the inventory of Mastercraft Imports Ltd. This inventory acquisition allows Capel to integrate Mastercraft's "Severn Manor," "Ashton," "Rahmaz" and "Satin" qualities into its direct import and open stock programs, the company said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...