Sony Pictures taps Barkan for marketing spot
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/28/2004 12:00:00 AM
CULVER CITY, Calif. — Sony Pictures Consumer Products recently appointed Elise Barkan to director of marketing.
Barkan reports to Michael Malone, senior vice president of marketing.
"We are very fortunate to have someone like Elise on our team. She brings with her a solid marketing and property management background from ABC Family Channel, Fox Kids Network and Saban," said Al Ovadia, executive vice president of Sony Pictures Consumer Products. "Her experience in the development and execution of marketing initiatives will be an invaluable component to our team's success."
Barkan was formerly account executive for Tunis Incentive, where she was responsible for developing new business and creating promotional programs for such clients as Sports Illustrated and Disney. Prior to joining Tunis Incentive, she was director of creative synergy and special projects at ABC Family Channel.
In her new post, Barkan will be responsible for developing and implementing the licensing-related global marketing programs for such theatrical properties as "Bewitched" starring Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell, scheduled for Summer 2005 and "Zathura," a 2005 Holiday release. She will also act as liaison between the various Sony Pictures Consumer Products divisions, including sales, retail development and marketing (both domestically and internationally), Sony's theatrical department, the films' producers and Sony Pictures Television.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...