230 Fifth to Host 9/11 Concert
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/8/2008 12:00:00 AM
New York —
The 230 Fifth Avenue showroom building will host The September Concert, an annual event "to celebrate our common humanity and to reaffirm our hope for peace," said real estate company Newmark Knight Frank.
The free September Concert series was founded by Haruko Smith, director of the design house Felissimo and non-profit organization Design 21. This year's event will include a city-wide sing-along of the Beatles' song "Let It Be" at 2 p.m. on Sept.11. At 230 Fifth Avenue, the event will be held in the lobby from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. These Newmark properties will also participate: 40 Worth Street, 175 Fifth Avenue (The Flatiron Building), 200 Varick Street, 520 Eighth Avenue, 630 Ninth Avenue and 1560 Broadway.
The first September Concert was held in 2002. Last year more than 200 concerts were organized in 42 U.S. cities and nearly 40 more internationally. Information is available at www.septemberconcert.org.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...