O Ecotextiles named a Top-10 Green supplier
-- Home Textiles Today, 11/24/2008 2:01:00 PM
Seattle – In its inaugural year of producing luxury organic textile products, O Ecotextiles has been named a 2008 Top-10 Green Building Products supplier by the editors of Environmental Building News and GreenSpec.
The Boston-based publisher’s award “recognizes the most innovative and exciting green building products added to the GreenSpec Directory during the past year or covered in Environmental Building News,” the company said.
“We are thrilled and gratified that the oracle of green product evaluation has spoken with us at length and determined that we are both authentic in our eco-friendly claims and worthy of support,” said ceo Patty Grossman. “The issues regarding fabric are so dramatic that we continue to believe that green fabric will be a real centerpiece of study and concern by green consumers.”
The Directory features listings of more than 2,000 products, selected based on criteria developed over the past 15 years. Manufacturers do not pay to be listed.
O Ecotextiles adheres to various global standards, including GOTS and Oeko Tex Standard 100. The fabrics have also been tested by a lab to measure chemical emissions; results demonstrate that the fabrics can be used to accrue LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) points for Indoor Air Quality.
The O Ecotextiles Collection uses such fibers as bamboo, hemp, abaca, ramie, linen and silk and offers 17 fabric choices and multiple colorways, plus custom.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...