By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/7/2003 12:00:00 AM
Perdue named ceo at Dollar General
David Perdue, who recently left Pillowtex as chairman and ceo, has been named ceo of Dollar General Corp. He will also be a member of the board. Additionally, Dollar General chairman Cal Tuner said he will step down in June, with Perdue assuming the chairman's title at that time.
Retailers offering smaller formats
Looking to open up smaller markets, Lowe's opened its first smaller prototype store last week, in Elkin, NC. At 94,000 square feet, these new prototypes are expected to have initial store sales volume of $20 million to $25 million
Restoration Hardware will also introduce a smaller-format store into its base this fall, with new units three new units ranging from 7,500 square feet to 12,000 square feet.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...