NRF convention kicks off Monday
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/10/2003 2:45:00 PM
New York — The National Retail Federation kicks off its 92nd convention next week at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center with a plethora of seminars and events for retailers. Following is a sampling of seminars.
"Focus on Retail Sectors: Analysts Rate 2002" takes place Monday at 2:15 p.m. and will be moderated by Walter Loeb, Loeb Associates, with analysts Richard Jaffe, UBS Warburg, Dana Cohen, Bank of America, and Lawrence Haverty, State Street Research, participating.
At 4:30 to 5:15 p.m., "Driving Bottom-Line Profits by Sourcing from Global Companies" will discuss how retailers can adopt changes to support this initiative. Roger Esnard, Federated Department Stores, will be one of the speakers.
"Why People Buy Things They Don't Need — Playing to Consumers' Emotions and Desires" is scheduled for Tuesday at 2 p.m. and will include Phil Schneider, Pier 1 Imports, as a speaker. Also at 2 p.m. is "Retail Profitability is a Seven Letter Word: P.R.O.D.U.C.T."
On Wednesday, Andy Ginger, Sears, will be one of several speakers participating in "Private Label Strategies: Today's Retailers, Tomorrow's Brand Managers," from 8:15 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. At 9:30 a.m., designer Michael Graves and John Hockenberry, from Dateline NBC, will be participating in the seminar "Innovate or Die." "Finding the Next Mass Market," at 11 a.m., will explore how to look for and take advantage of trends.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...