Klein returns to Macy's East as chairman/CEO
Former vice chairman replaces Hal Kahn
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/9/2004 12:00:00 AM
Federated Department Stores, Inc. announced that Ronald Klein, 55, will be returning to Macy's East as chairman and CEO of the New York-based division, effective Feb. 15.
Klein, who previously served as vice chairman of Macy's East, succeeds Hal Kahn, 58, who is retiring after having served as chairman and CEO of the 104-store division since 1994.
The company also announced that Michael G. Krauter, 46, currently executive vice president/director of stores at Rich's/Lazarus/Goldsmith's-Macy's, will assume a new position as president and chief merchandising officer of the Atlanta-based division where Klein has been chairman since July 2001.
Krauter will join with David L. Nichols, who will remain as president and chief operating officer of the division, a position he has held since August 2000.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...