Cotton Inc. forecasts palettes, trends
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 6/2/2003 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK —
Revival, a color palette at once very warm but comforting, is the most fashion forward of six color palettes introduced by Cotton Inc. as part of its Home Fabrics Color and Trend Forecasting 2005 edition.
At the same time, said Kathryn Novakovic, director, fashion marketing, "Rural Elegance, with its more upscale look of textures, plush velvets, flannels, jacquards and luxurious fiber blends with cotton, works well with the Revival palette."
Rural Elegance is one of four fabric trends included in the company's forecast. In addition to the general trends for this look, she pointed to "prints and patterning in a younger, more collegiate, more vivid color statement, taken from street fashion and multi-culturism" as being direction signals for home furnishings.
Another important fabric direction within this umbrella, Novakovic explained, "are American quilts that are more edgy in design that convention designs."
Also within Rural Elegance, damasks and brocades are seen reworked with overdyes and vintage effects. Needlepunched fabrics, flocks and widewale corduroys also are mainstays of the genre.
Other design trends include Extra Texture — down-to-earth fabrics, robust in looks but soft to the touch in oversized ottomans, seersuckers and tweed effects.
Line on Design represents a restrained metro environment with a sleek modern feel with smooth updated plaids and stripes, herringbones, chevrons, matte sateens, moleskins and uncut cord as key fabrics.
Brighter Delights offers a quirky attitude, Novakovic explained, with lots of novelty yarns, patches, piqués, jacquards and multi-colored wovens as well as oversized paisleys, kimono motifs and Mexican folk art for patterns.
In color directions, Revival features slightly pink and warmer tones with yellow accents and fashion colors including tangy papaya, tart citrus acid, sunny lemon custard and golden mustard seed.
Also in the fashion forecast are Perfectly Suited, a palette reflecting hip, urban style with cool, crisp grays and blues with lilac accents, among the leading colors.
Nature's Vitality reflects the feeling of enchanted forests and Irish landscapes dominated by greens.
UNColor highlights antiqued neutrals with a washed milky look, and Alchemist's Palette mimics hues of antique rugs with intricate patterns and colors, including pomegranate, smoky topaz and mustardy ochre.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...