Surtex calls for entries in student design competition
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/5/2007 10:24:00 AM
White Plains, N.Y. – The annual Surtex International Student Design Competition has opened for entries from third and fourth year students enrolled in a surface design or related program in a college or university.
The contest will accept designs “inspired by movement” in four categories: apparel/fashion accessories; commercial interior; home elements; and stationery/paper products/craft. First place cash prizes will be awarded in each category. There will also be an overall grand prize of $1,000 cash and a trip to New York for the Surtex Show, which takes place May 18-20, 2008
Instructors/professors must register participating students online at www.surtex.com/isdc by October 31. Entries for the 23rd annual competition will be accepted through Jan. 31, 2008.
Students are challenged to create a collection of coordinating surface designs (minimum six, maximum nine), inspired by movement, within one category and with a specific end use in mind. The collection should be themed and the designs should be original. Students may create the surface designs in the medium(s) of their choice.
For additional information and entry forms, contact Alessia Adler, exhibit sales coordinator for Surtex show organizer George Little Management at (914) 421-3226; Fax: (914) 948-6180; e-mail: email@example.com.
Entry forms are available online at www.surtex.com/isdc.
We would love your feedback!
- Mar 28, 2012
- May 21, 2013
- May 11, 2011
- Apr 20, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...