Yazdani to Show Rare Zohra Rug at Domotex Dubai
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/19/2008 12:00:00 AM
Dubai, United Arab Emirates —
A rare carpet valued at more than $1 million will be on display at Domotex Middle East 2008, to be held at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre May 25-27.
The hand-made, pure silk carpet, named Zohra, is part of the exhibition by Yazdani Corporation of Japan, at the third edition of the annual international event hosted by Deutsche Messe.
Zohra originated from the city of Tabriz in Iran and features an intricate geometric design, the show organizer said. The 8-by-5-meter carpet required more than 40 million knots and took approximately 10 years to be completed, which was done in 1970.
Yazdani will show several dozen rugs, some nearly as rare, including the very large round-shaped, pure silk Faraji.
"This will definitely raise the level of excitement and prestige surrounding this year's event," said Angela Schaschen, managing director, Deutsche Messe Dubai Branch.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...