Culp reports lower sales for quarter
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/2/2005 11:59:00 AM
HIGH POINT, N.C. – Hit by the recent foam shortage and rising raw materials costs, Culp, Inc. reported a net loss of $4.2 million, or 36 cents per diluted share, for the second fiscal quarter of 2006 -- on par with last year.
Sales declined 11 percent to $67 million.
Robert Culp III, chairman and CEO, said the company implemented surcharges to its customers in October in furniture and bedding segments to off-set higher costs. “We expect that these factors will continue to affect our business over the next quarter, although to a diminishing extent,” he added.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...