Federated finds potential buyer for Fingerhut
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/21/2002 12:00:00 AM
Cincinnati — In a deal that could lead to the purchase of Federated Department Stores' Fingerhut subsidiary and substantially all of Fingerhut's assets, the retailer has signed a non-binding letter of intent with Business Development Group Acquisitions Inc. (BDGA), Wayzata, MN, a management firm that specializes in corporate turnarounds.
BDGA, founded by former United Shipping and Technology chairman Peter Lytle, is attempting to obtain financing for the transaction. BDGA must notify Federated by early March of its ability to proceed.
Ronald Tysoe, Federated's vice chairman, said the retailer is not holding active discussions with any other parties regarding Fingerhut, although the sale process remains open.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...