Whitsett to Head Kmart Merchandising
New SVP Oversees All Categories
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/25/2005 12:00:00 AM
Hoffman Estates, Ill. —
Kmart, now a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation, has promoted Peter Whitsett to senior vice president and Kmart merchandising officer.
In his new position, Whitsett oversees all merchandise categories for Kmart stores and reports directly to Aylwin Lewis, president of Sears Holdings and CEO of Kmart and Sears Retail. Whitsett previously served as senior vice president and general merchandise manager, with responsibilities for Kmart's hardlines, food and consumables, drug store and pharmacy merchandise divisions.
Whitsett joined Kmart in 1999 as director, merchandise planning and replenishment and has served in a variety of positions, including vice president and general merchandise manager and divisional vice president, merchandising planning.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...