By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/19/2005 12:00:00 AM
Belk to Buy DC
Belk has contracted to purchase a 174,000-square-foot distribution center in Jackson, Miss., to support roughly 110 Belk, Proffitt's and McRae's units within a 300-mile radius.
The $20 million facility is expected to open by March 2006. The DC, previously serving McRae's, will be converted to a modern, cross-docking facility similar to one Belk operates in Blythewood, S.C.
Until the new operation opens, Belk will continue to receive logistics services and support from Saks Inc.'s DC in Steele, Ala., for the 47 Proffitt's and McRae's it acquired from Saks in July.
Executive Changes at Jo-Ann
Jo-Ann Stores announced the resignations of Brian Carney, executive vice president and chief financial officer, and Valerie Gentile Sachs, executive vice president, general counsel and secretary. Carney is leaving for Bi-Lo, LLC, a supermarket chain; Sachs is joining OM Group, Inc., an international producer of metal-based specialty chemicals.
During the transition period, the retailer's finance team will be led by Jim Kerr, vice president and controller, and Don Tomoff, vice president, finance and treasurer.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...