Macy’s to ehance its online wedding and gift registry
-- Home Textiles Today, 1/12/2010 11:19:00 AM
Cincinnati -- Macy’s has announced its will be making enhancements to its online “Wedding & Gift Registry” starting Feb. 1.
Beginning on that date, online hosting and management of the Macy’s Wedding & Gift Registry will begin to transition to http://www.macys.com from http://www.WeddingChannel.com, which is operated by The Knot Inc. Existing registries at Macy’s will remain in place and unaffected.
Registered couples and their guests can continue to access registries through macys.com, as can newly engaged couples seeking to register for upcoming weddings.
In the case of Bloomingdale’s, a similar transition of the upscale department store’s “The Registry” will become effective on March 1 on http://www.bloomingdales.com from http://www.WeddingChannel.com.
Going forward, Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s will be affiliate registry partners of The Knot through its patented registry search platform on WeddingChannel.com.
“In the past, customers shopping the Macy’s registry online had a different experience than those shopping macys.com because it was managed on a separate system,” explained Peter Sachse, chairman of macys.com and chief marketing officer of Macy’s. “By hosting the registry within our own site, we can provide customers with a seamless shopping experience. Customers can shop for registry gifts, as well as for non-registry items, on the same visit to macys.com. We believe this will help attract and serve customers better as the number of registries is expected to grow in the years ahead as the population of marriage-aged consumers increases.”
Couples registered at Macy’s, as well as their guests, will experience the enhanced functionalities of macys.com, such as:
The ability to view an extensive library of informative product videos and buying guides to make choosing a gift easier;Access to “Find It In Store,” a system that allows an online shopper to identify if an item is in stock in nearby Macy’s stores;Access to reviews of each product available, as posted by other customers;An efficient and simplified checkout process;Participation in macys.com’s sales and free or discounted shipping promotions.
Macy’s operates about 850 units in 45 states.
We would love your feedback!
- Nov 25, 2011
- Nov 12, 2012
- Oct 25, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...