JCPenney trumpets 22 new stores
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/5/2007 1:09:00 PM
Plano, Texas – JCPenney held grand openings for 22 new stores – 20 of them in off-mall, the big retailer’s hottest current format. After six more open this fall, JCP will have a total of 50 new locations in 2007.
The off-mall stores are approximately 100,000 square feet on a single level and feature wider aisles, bright and energy-efficient lighting, price-check scanners and front linear checkout centers.
The plan calls for 250 new and relocated stores by 2011.
The $19.9 billion department store and catalog company will also have 65 remodels completed by year end, on track for 300 remodels by 2011.
Stores celebrating openings today are in McDonough, Ga.; Little Rock, Ark.; Noblesville, Ind.; Shreveport, La.; Maumee, Ohio; Valparaiso, Ind.; Casa Grande and Tempe, Ariz.; St. Johnsbury, Vt.; Kissimmee, Fla.; Round Rock, Rosenberg, El Paso and Sherman, Texas; Matteson and Johnsburg, Ill.; Riverdale, Utah; Colorado Springs and Denver; Charleston, S.C.; and Washington and Kansas City, Mo.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...