Walker to Head Textile Museum
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/24/2005 12:00:00 AM
Washington, D.C. —
The Board of Trustees of The Textile Museum has appointed Daniel Walker to director.
Walker comes to The Textile Museum from The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, where he served as the Patti Cadby Birch Curator in Charge, Department of Islamic Art. Walker will assume his post on May 1.
He has served as head of the Islamic Department at the Metropolitan Museum since 1988, becoming the first occupant of the endowed chair named for donor Patti Cadby Birch in 1997. From 1975 to 1988 he was associate curator and then curator of Ancient, Near Eastern and Far Eastern Art at the Cincinnati Art Museum.
Walker performed military service that included intensive language training in Persian and a long tour of duty in Iran.
We would love your feedback!
- Jun 14, 2012
- May 23, 2012
- May 17, 2012
- Mar 28, 2012
- May 11, 2011
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...