XTB Studios Heads to Gift Fair
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/15/2005 12:00:00 AM
Los Angeles —
XTB Studios is making its maiden voyage to the New York Gift Fair this week. The start-up company began marketing high-end decorative pillows earlier this year.
Fabric artist and graphic designer Karen Meyer founded the company. Her business partner, Christy Beckwith, is a ceramic artist whose whimsical Lulu collection provided designs for XTB's inaugural group of pillows.
“These are really works of art,” said Meyer.
Construction materials for the pillows include silk, cotton, faux leather and chenille. The pillows are also adorned with snippets of Lulu philosophy, such as “What started out as a harmless Thursday night book club meeting evolved all too quickly into a full scale lingerie & stiletto fashion show with all the girlie girls and a pitcher of calypso cosmopolitans.”
“I think our customer appreciates unique things,” said Meyer.
The line targets boutiques and high-end retailers. Retails run about $295.
We would love your feedback!
- Apr 23, 2007
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...