A Sourcing Company Is Born
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/15/2005 12:00:00 AM
Hong Kong —
A former Ikea purchasing agent has founded a new sourcing company specializing in home furnishings for small as well as larger retailers.
“Our mission is to reduce purchase prices for our buyers by finding the best resources around the world,” said Rohail Shafqat, director.
Synergic Trading Hong Kong Limited is headquartered in China, with a purchasing office in Pakistan. The company currently offers third-party sourcing, but will soon launch Synergic Wholesale, which will offer products at wholesale rates to small retailers.
Also on the planning board: buysynergy.com, an online buying service.
Shafqat spent eight years in the purchasing office at Idea, most recently as regional operations manager in the retailer's Singapore office, which oversaw 13 sourcing offices in Asia.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...