By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/26/2007 12:00:00 AM
Shift the Market Dates
To the Editor:
As you may remember, I spoke to you in market and said we would start our own market if the dates did not change. While that may seem outrageous, the weather that threatened to ruin the market definitely was. February is traditionally the coldest month of the year in New York. That doesn't really bother me. But what does is the fact that after spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to bring a line to market and show it, the retailers might not show up because of the weather.
The Canadian market is very important to Veratex. For the Canadians as well as all our customers, July and August are the most important vacation time of the year. Last August there was a noted lack of customers who came to New York for the market because they were on vacation. Many have commented they will just see the line later. Again, why are we spending money to show a line if no one is there to see it?
As always, we cater to the retailers — and many have told us they will come to market when they feel they can, not necessarily February and August. Veratex is a fashion house that does not sell to Wal-Mart, Kmart, etc. All our retailers are important to us even if it's a Mom & Pop store. It looks like the big manufacturers don't care for the medium and small accounts, and they decide about market as they wish.
What is the next step for moving the market dates? If they aren't changed, Veratex will offer to every buyer a free first class ticket to see our line in Los Angeles. (And a nice dinner at Ago Restaurant.)
Avi Cohen, Founder and ceo, Veratex
Van Nuys, Calif.
HTT welcomes letters; they will be edited for length and clarity.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...